Monday, August 30, 2010

TwentyOne : Dad

Photobucket
This post will be dedicated to the world's most awesomest Dad. :) My Daddy.
So Imma gonna tell you a little about me and my dad.

My dad loved us the most. He's the kind of father that always put his family first.
He doesn't gamble, he doesn't drink, he works hard to raise this family. Always giving us the best.
Though, my dad didn't have much career luck and there are always nasty co-workers that stabbed him in the back. Well we call those kinda people '小人' and my dad had to deal with them at his work places. When I was young, I didn't know much. I didn't know my dad had trouble finding jobs. And once he couldn't find a job for a year I think? I sorta didn't know about that because my life then was perfectly fine. I get 3 meals a day, I get what I want, and I'm living a perfectly great childhood. See how great my dad was, even my family was struggling for money but I didn't had a clue that we were cause my parents always had tried to fulfill what we wanted as a child. And I'm so touched by that I didn't even felt poverty.

When I was younger, I've always hugged him before he goes to work. And he'll give me the bear hug squeezing me so tight that I couldn't breathe but I felt warmness. But slowly going into my teenage years it stopped and my dad was uberly strict to me. I can't go out with my friends that often, I can't mix with guy friends when I'm out. I can't go to parties and stuff. So as a teenager, I rebelled a lil. ;) But still, my parents managed to moved us from an apartment to a terrace house. So yea. My life was great. I had my own room and stuff. My dad knew I've always loved dogs. I wanna have my own dog. So since we've moved to a terrace house, my dad brought me to SPCA and adopt a doggie. Though that dog died due to some infection and I cried my eyeballs out and basically was really emo lah. That after a week my dad brought home a golden mix lab retriever :). You couldn't imagine how happy I was.

I was still a teenager. We don't really think properly before we say things, we don't really know what we felt and stuff. And I wanna tell to you people out there that are reading this, you'll never know what will happen tomorrow, so appreciate what you have right now. During the year 2005, I pretty much spend my time in front of the computer, sneaking out with friends and stuff. So on Aug 30th of 2005, instead of celebrating my dad's birthday, I spent that day with my friends at Sunway Pyramid, then overnight at pyramid tower to count down for Malaysia's Independence Day. And you don't know how very much I'm regretting that I hadn't spend that day with my Dad because it was his last birthday. Life ends really suddenly sometimes. The month of Dec of 2005 was really tragic for me. I felt I've lost my purpose of living. The last memory I had with my dad was watching Dr. DooLittle together. Well sorta, he was watching it upstairs in his room and I was watching it in the living room and he sms-ed me saying the actress was the girl in That's So Raven. haha. Yea. And I wanted to ask my dad to fetch me to Sunway Pyramid the next day on 8th of Dec but I didn't dare because I was afraid he will be tired and stuff. He had been going for dialysis for quite sometime so yea, dialysis patients are really tired most of the time and imagine my dad had to go for dialysis and then go to work after that. T_T.

So 8th Dec was that day that changed my life forever. My maid woke me up in the morning telling me the hospital called saying that my dad is in the hospital. In my mind I was thinking, hopefully he just passed out or fell down or something. So I called my mom, who was then in Penang (Yea, she was having some course in Penang and she hadn't seen my dad for two months. She was suppose to come back the next week I think.) So then we've rushed to the hospital.

He was in a coma. His heart stopped for 15 mins then they resuscitate my dad but it was too late. His brain was dead. Now he is breathing by the support of those machines and tubes that goes through his mouth. And the doctor said because of some complications we had to let him go, by pulling the plug. You have no idea how intense that was. So yea, we had to do it.

Seeing his heartbeat slowly pacing down. It hurts. I don't know whether he is alive or he isn't, I don't know whether can he hear us, I don't know whether can he still feel our presence. It just hurts so badly. I wish that I could hold on to him forever. He was like a concrete base for me to keep on standing. But now I felt my feet is wobbling, my heart's so sour, I can hear people crying and sobbing but I can't even hear myself thinking. then.. 50......48......42......40...............0. At that moment, I swear, my heart wanted to stop too. When it reached zero, I felt my world had fallen apart too. His heart was still beating by itself but I can't do anything, the man who took care of the whole family, the man who loved us no matter under what consequences, the man who gave me the direction in life, the man who always gave me what I wanted, is now gone forever.

Seeing him now, he had turned cold and pale. I really wish hard that it was all just a bad dream.

The wake and funeral was heart wrenching. Seeing him just sleeping peacefully in the coffin it just hurt so much, I wanna open it up and shake him, asking him to wake up. But I guess he'll suffer no more from all those medication and dialysis. He's in a better place now, right?
Burning my Dad into ashes was even nerve wreaking for me. Now I couldn't see him anymore. He's now turning into ashes. It hurts. I really does hurts. And by writing this post now, it hurts even more thinking back and feeling what I've felt before.



Blessed birthday Daddy. No one can ever replace you. :) I know you're in a better place now. I hope you're having fun up there. :) love you always. Missing you badly. And though I told you I wanna become an artist, a fashion designer, an advertising designer, you've never shut my dreams and always supported me. And now I'm pursuing illustrations and I know you'll continue to support me and I'll never let you down daddy. You've taught me sooooo much. ♥♥♥

Your Daughter,
Cheryl

8 comments:

Justin said...

I miss 4th uncle (a.k.a Si Cik) very much!! He is an awesome man!! miss his dishes much!! =)

Dana Ng Pei Lynn said...

Yes, my mum told me that I cried non-stop the moment the coffin moved into the furnace. All I know was that I was really scared? Shocked?

See-chek, wherever you are, have a bless birthday!

xMapleSEA~freak out~x said...

Gee.....
I didn't watch the heart beat stop..
I was watching TV at the hospital quite boring

Anonymous said...

Very touching...Never forget that moment...Cheryl, Thank you for writing this post.

Yes, he is the most awesomest brother too..I miss him so..so.. much!!

Stanley.."Happy Birthday"...

Anonymous said...

we were having karate lesson that day when i heard about the news that si chek coma.

what was on my mind is just wanna rush to hospital no matter by what transport(car,bus or plane). however,those adult just didnt allow us to do so..

I feel worry and sad during that time bt couldnt do anything.just can wait news from adults.

My heart was broke in pieces by the moment i received news that my dear si chek had passed away.

That time my mind wasnt functioning.it was a hard time for me and i just couldnt accept that his body had turn to ashes after the funeral.cry a lot that time,because i have also just lost my dear uncle who sayang me a lot too..

si chek,miss u so much.. happy birthday..

from:pei fang

ps:thank u pei yen for blogging this.. take gud k.

Anonymous said...

I missed you, Stan.
You came all the way to my hse in Pg to meet my family and also to pass me the cctv but we were not at home.
You called me & I was in KL instead.
I didn't know that it was your last visit. Our luck at workplace is the same. More down than Up. Thanks for your advised,bro.

From the youngest,
Johnny Ng

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl,

Stories about your dad was very touching indeed. Thinking about my grandma as I am reading your blog. I am sure he is watching over you from up there. Pursue your dreams yea.. cos like what you said "you'll never know what will happen tomorrow, so appreciate what you have right now"
Take good care of yourself.

Cedric

Riley Tah said...

hey dear :)

a very touching post indeed. i teared after reading the post and it really made me realise i need to cherish everything that I have now too. *hugs*
always here for you,
riley