Thursday, December 9, 2010

TwentySeven: Nerd Evolution

Photobucket
You know in schools, primary or high school, there are categories for each individual students. Either you're the popular kids, the emo kids, the runners, the smart asses, the cry babies etc... Well, I fell under - the nerds. Definitely no one was born a nerd. And, no one willingly wants to be one. But unfortunately I happen to be your average nerd. But I still thank God that I wasn't in the typical American high school or else I'll be teased, severely bullied or even wedgied for the rest of my life. Yea I bet that'll happen. But we're human. We tend to discriminate and ignore. :( I wasn't a severe victim of that but I was always the one not noticed. Just because I'm a nerd. Jeeez come on! Haha.

So let's talk about how I've felt being a nerd. First off, there are a few types of nerds IMO. So okay, let's list out the types that I've observed. Note: Geeks and nerds are different. I'm not so clear how it's different but I guess Geeks are creepier and weirder (:
1) The tech nerds.
2) The academic nerds.
3) The anime nerds. (geeks? OTAKU?)
4) The video game nerds
5) The comic nerds
Erm. Okay I guess that's it? Haha. So I'll be the 4th one. I don't particularly love studying, in fact I don't do my homework and I came early to school just to copy my friend's in class. And I've done a lot of stupid things in my life. Especially in my primary and secondary school life as my brain isn't fully grown to think yet. So I talk and do things without going through my brain. I've gotten my short-sightedness from watching the tv too closely and long hours playing the computer and watching tv. Hence, my thick glasses. My power's about 700 and 650 the other eye. Yeah. Creepy. And it increases 100 every year. So the main characteristics of a nerd is their unfashionable spectacles. Mine was round and metal. :) I change the colour every year. meeeps~ And that dorky smile, the weird clothing choices and a dumb haircut. Yea I've got them all. And I was superbly skinny and dark. So why I was the video game nerd? Well, I LOVE playing computer games duh. I LOVE THE SIMS. I can play the sims whole day and night without sleeping. And I've tried that before :) It's so addictive, I love Counter Strike, I love Final Fantasy and I love my gameboy. I LOVE POKEMON!! =3 meeeps. I collect stickers. I collect Pokemon merchandises. *Yes, I wasn't much of an elmo freak.* I love those ancient video games where they plug on to the tv. I used to play that at my cousin's house. Ahhh. Great times being a nerd. ( I notice how all of a sudden there are so many capital letters, the nerd in me is showing buahahha)

I'm not the type of nerd that doesn't freaking care about what others might think of me and live my life the way I want. When I was younger, obviously I wouldn't know much, about image, reputation (LOL) and what not. I thought everyone was the same. Just that either you wear specs or you don't. But as I grew up, I noticed how other girls might get a little more attention and they are very likable. And I was like a boy. I don't know why. I have guy friends but all we do is whack each other, chasing each other, and whacking again. That's pretty much how I've spent my high school life in Selangor. Haha! Even in secondary school it was the same. I was sad. Because I wasn't pretty. Yeah. Sucks right.

So of course later on, I started to like boys. Yea. And when you like a boy, you want the boy to notice you. And, how would anyone notice a nerd like me right. :( There was this guy in my high school that I liked, he was my senior and, my school has a lot of pretty girls so, I've always doubted myself and discourage myself that I don't even stand a chance. I had SUPER low self esteem that's for sure. But there was one day saw from somewhere that : There is no such thing as an ugly women, there are only lazy women. So what the heck, I started grooming up a lil. (I sound like a dog) Okay, so I ditched off my spectacles and opted for contact lenses. That was a great start I guess. Cause the spectacles were horrible. :( ROUND metal omgbbqwth. so yeah. that's the only thing I've done to my looks until I was form3. The clothes I wore were horrible. They don't fit me well and... It's just horrible. So I'm not very sure whether did the guy liked me or not but yea that isn't the case anymore. Then I left Subang and came to penang. From then onwards, I felt like I was more interested in girls than boys. NO I'm not a lesbian but I just LOVE looking at pretty girls. So weird right. I notice girls more than guys. I stare at girls, I don't stare at boys. LOL. Then I started to cut blunt bangs. ( YES! I'm THAT brave. Took out all my nerd courage to cut coconut bangs.) Then I started to stay away from the sun. LOL!! vampire much. Then... I started to take care of my skin. yada yada yada. And because I'm in Penang, I GREW FAT. hahaha. My fashion sense wise, I don't think it had improved much so, let's just lay that off shall we :). LOL.

So Yea, that's basically how I started to change. Boys. ugh. haha joking. Okay. I used to be really ashamed of letting people know how I used to look like. Cause I had really low esteem. Then slowly I got out of my shell, as time passed by, the old me wasn't so bad. :) So I felt more comfortable in sharing about my NERD experiences. and I've seen a lot of MNE (Major Nerd Evolution) happening to the people around me. When they were young they were like me, NERDS, cause we went to school together last time and stuff so I know how they look like, and now they are like HOT BABES. wth. I want MNE too!!

So Yea I hope the photos won't scare the shit outta ya'll. :)
Somehow this all felt like those scenes in TV when an ugly girl transforms into a pretty girl just by taking off their glasses and get some help from make up and dressing up, then they are gorgeous. And I believe that is true! I'm not talking about me but the people I know. So yea, for the nerds out there. Don't give up if you're trying to get a guy. Watch Princess Diaries then you will get what I mean. :) But if you're comfortable of who you are. Then just embrace it. Cause God made you the way you are alright. And the guy should love you of who you are right. And I'm not denying myself as a nerd. I do admit I STILL AM a nerd. I love video games I love pokemon I love whatever a nerd loves to do. And I still have that dorky smile. And I like it la k. I had really low self esteem once so I tried to boast it and now I'm feeling great. WOOOSH. But still I'm happy the way I am now. so yea. I guess it's good to change something once a while to boast your selfesteem. Haha. Okay, Now I don't know what I'm talking about.

SO YEAH THATS MY NERD STORY!

Hope you guys still love me aite:(

So, I'll let you see how I transformed into a beautiful butterfli... I mean. Nerd. Might as well show you how my hair turned short :(

VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.
sorry if the photos are too big, I lazy resize. Haha!

Photobucket
Age 0

Photobucket
Age 1

Photobucket
Age 2


Photobucket
Age 3

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Age 4*Yes, Dramatic haircut that looks similar to my current hairstyle*

Photobucket
Photobucket
Age 5 *See, nerd-wannabe*

Photobucket
Age 6

Ok chill, we're getting there.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Age 7 *Come back from School straight KO face* THIS was when everything started to nerdify.

Photobucket
Age 8 *The dumbass haircut I was talking about*

Photobucket
Age 9 *LMAO I know you wanna laugh at me and poke me with a stick*

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Age 10 *OMG nerd hold rabbit. See my specs sliding down LOL. / Prefect summore lei*
Look like china aunty LOL.

Photobucket
haha. I slouched and gave a dorky smile.

Photobucket
Age 14

Photobucket
Age 15

Photobucket
Age 16

Photobucket
Age 17

Photobucket
Age 18

Photobucket
Age 19
Current hair. Same like Age 4 wan haha.

Yay. So now everyone knows I'm A NERDY PANZY!

haha. hope I didnt scare away any chance of marrying a nice young handsome rich man :(
God bless!

And I noticed how important our hair is. If hair ugly=you're ugly.
haha.
ok jkbye.

Haha. Comment if you want I dont mind. lolol.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

cute and lovely gal~ i like ^^

cheryl ng said...

haha. thanks! LOL....

KitYin said...

Hey, Pei Yen! I love that u've got the guts to reveal about ur past and how u felt last time. I can see true honesty shining through your words and it really touched me! Everyone has insecurities and honestly I was just like u too when I was younger! But u've grown to be such a sweet and pretty girl now the past doesn't matter anymore! I hope I also went through a transformation halfway through my schooling life but I still want to improve myself! And like u I've also realized the importance of a good hairstyle! :D I dunno if u still remember me cause we've barely kept in touch since u left for Penang; but funny how a turn of events leads ppl to reading something wonderful! Frankly I just wanted to show my appreciation for writing this :)

Cherylng said...

Hey kityin! of course I rmb u :) haha ya glad that this post entertained you :) hehehe thanks for commenting! Means alot to see people are actually reading this lol! God bless you ! It really had been a rly rly long time since we have last talked huh